What's your slide color?

Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow.
~Douglas Pagels, These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You

People keep asking me what it feels like to be a graduate. The truth is, I'm not really sure.

Graduation was a week ago (give or take 12 hours) and it really hasn't sunk in yet. None of it has. Right now, it still feels like an extra spring break.

On the other hand, this has been nice. I'm a girl who truly despises to clean; however, I have to admit that there's something freeing about the process. It's oddly relaxing.

Of course, I did a lot of relaxing in the days leading up to graduation as well. Maggie, Heather and I went to the park. We ate, went swinging and slid down some of the slides. In fact, we kind of overtook the playground and accidentally scared some kids away.

The big question I keep getting is, "What's next?" By that, people are asking about this summer and fall, the latter of which is halfway planned. Graduate school at the University of Tennessee (much to my family and friends' chagrin--they're all UK fans) and a job, which I'm still trying to locate.

As for this summer, that's still wide open. I'm still holding out hope for CNN. It seems as though every time I'm ready to give up, I get another contact or phone call, which renews that hope. So right now, I'm helping mom clean.

And picking my slide color.

Comments

Popular Posts