The creation of a blog name

As you may see, my blog now has a name.

For days I struggled with creating a name for my blog. I know, that almost seems silly, putting so much pressure on such a small part of it. But a name is a big deal.

Humans must categorize things. I think that's part of why we insist on naming things. It's part of who we are; we can't not name things.

I was constantly asking friends for assistance in this venture. Everyone asked me the same question, over and over again (well, after they got over the surprise that I had a blog). It was always "Well, what's it about?"

Every time that was a question I dreaded.

To be honest, I'm not 100 percent what my blog is going to be about yet. I think it's a work in-progress. Writing is a major part of it, but who doesn't think that about their blog. It deals with my life, so travel is going to be a key element. And I wanted it to be something clean and simple.

Several of my friends have told me that seeing and hearing about my blog has inspired them. They have considered starting one of their own. Which is ironic, because that's the reason I started this (or, well, restarted this). I was inspired to tell my story and to tell the stories of others after reading blogs that my professors had started.

I hope that even though I may not inspire you to travel or write, I might inspire you to live. Branch out and try something new. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you live and live to the fullest.

Comments

Popular Posts